Monday 14 December 2009

Aha, I have a new graphics tablet!

Well, new is debateable - it's actually second hand and the nib on the pen is getting a bit worn. However, it's still amazing. Also, incredibly useful. Particularly if you wish to do things such as animation. Here it is in all it's glory:



By the way, as I'm guessing I'll have to do some explanation into what a graphics tablet is:

A graphics tablet device plugged into a computer that means you can hand-draw images and put them onto the computer... Kind of like drawing with a pencil and paper but it appears on the screen. It's difficult to use but is easier than drawing with the mouse and very helpful for making animations with - especially when I get the supposedly amazing software I am currently downloading.

Aha, this is going to take some getting used to - however, it is simply beautiful in itself. I bet I can make some remarkable things here...

3 comments:

Dominic Rivron said...

Are you going to post something you've created with it? It will be interesting to see what it can do.

Eclipse said...

Yes I will, however for the moment I'm just getting the idea of how to draw with it - it's easier than I thought but still feels slightly strange...

Perhaps I'll post some of the drawings I've done...

The Weaver of Grass said...

I await your first drawing with bated breath!