Sunday 19 July 2009

*Shamelessly steals blog idea*

I decided to visit the website and created my own "wordle". I decided to use a quote from one of my favourite graphic novels. Here is the quote:

"Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985. : Dog Carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'no.' They had a choice, all of them. They could have followed in the footsteps of good men like my father, or President Truman. Decent men, who believed in a day's work for a day's pay. Instead they followed the droppings of lechers and communists and didn't realize that the trail led over a precipice until it was too late. Don't tell me they didn't have a choice. Now the whole world stands on the brink, staring down into bloody hell, all those liberals and intellectuals and smooth-talkers, and all of a sudden nobody can think of anything to say."

Here is the "wordle":



Fact of the day:

A father Emperor penguin withstands the Antarctic cold for 60 days or more to protect his eggs, which he keeps on his feet, covered with a feathered flap. During this entire time he doesn't eat a thing. Most father penguins lose about 25 pounds while they wait for their babies to hatch. Afterward, they feed the chicks a special liquid from their throats. When the mother penguins return to care for the young, the fathers go to sea to eat and rest.

3 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

I saw a lovely film about penguins and so I knew how good the dad penguins were. I like too the way they all face inwards in the awful weather and take it in turns to be on the outside edge. Also they can't fly so when the mums come back they have a very long walk to get there.

Dominic Rivron said...

A good wordle. It's all about the text you choose, innit?

Rorschach's journal. He seems a strange chap. Is he the Rorschach, as in the Rorschach test?

I imagined it reading:

"Today I... O drat, I spilled the ink. O bother! I've closed the book by mistake! Look at that! Weird! Is it a butterfly? My grandfather's moustache? Who can tell?"

Or something like that, but no.

Eclipse said...

It is all about the text you use.

No it's not, it's a character from a graphic novel - who is actually a sort of portrayed someone who seems quite a horrible person but he is sort of fighting crime but... In a quite horrible way. What I find very interesting is how he's clearly a fascist, but he's the character you feel sorry for and sympathise with.

Which is strange considering the writer is very liberal.

Anyway, I seem to be rambling a little - it WOULD be interesting to read the Rorschach's journal now that I think of it...